Thursday, January 2, 2014

Diaper Cream

I threw together a couple different recipes I found until I got one that comes out at the perfect creamy consistency wanted with a diaper cream and it stays that way. If you use all natural ingredients, the diaper cream will stay good for a year to the date of your ingredients.

Ingredients
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (solid)
2 Tbsp. Shea Butter
2 Tbsp. Cocoa Butter (chopped)
1 Tbsp. Beeswax
Essential Oils: 12 drops Lavender and 8 drops Melaleuca-Wild Orange can be optionally added to enhance scent.

Method
1. Heat all ingredients except for essential oils in double boiler until melted. (I like to use a glass measuring cup in a sauce pan with about 2 inches of water.)
2. Pour into bowl and let cool completely.
3. Mix in essential oils.
4. Whip on high with mixer until solid (less runny) and smooth.
5. Put in glass jar with lid and let set (3-4 hours) before using. (I like to re-use baby food jars.)

This is one of my favorites! It can also double as a lotion for anyone in the family.
L-

No comments:

Post a Comment